This book is called ‘HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE’. It is written by J.K. Rowling . It’s about a boy named Harry Potter who has to live with his horrible relatives because his parents were killed by a Wizard. Yes. A Wizard. Now young Harry is actually a Wizard himself, but doesn’t know it because his relatives treat him even worse than a human. Petunia and Vernon (Harry’s Aunt and Uncle) are trying to keep this secret from Harry and their son because they don’t want anybody to know about their relationship with the Potters. But when mysterious letters start dropping and a big hairy man comes and looks for Harry, it’s going to be almost impossible to keep the secret. The big hairy man’s name is Hagrid. Despite the fact that Pertunia and Vernon have moved thrice to get away from the letters, Hagrid reaches them and manages to get a letter to them. He is the Keeper of the Keys in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Finally, Petunia and Vernon let Harry go with Hagrid to Hogwarts for a year and Harry makes some incredible new friends; Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley are two of his new best friends. Hermione is a very clever girl although her parents are Muggles (not wizards or witches). Ron is quite silly but sometimes makes great conclusions and adds a lot to the story. Together, they solve the mystery of the Philosophers stone and Harry meets his dreaded enemy- Voldemort. (Yes, I actually said his name.) In the end, Harry manages to destroy the Philosopher’s Stone. But, the story doesn’t end there… You’ve got to read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets to know what happens next.
I LOVE the Harry Potter Series and am a HUGE fan. So instead of sharing what I like (which is everything), I want to share some interesting details and facts today :
Did you know this about Harry Potter? :
- That JK Rowling included King’s Cross Station in her stories because her parents met there for the first time.
- That she described the Euston station (instead of the actual Kings Cross Station) in the book.
- That she made Harry Potter an orphan because her mum died at the time she was writing it so she wanted to make the readers feel the sorrow she was experiencing.
- That there is a Harry Potter Studio in Leavesden near London? I have been there and loved it. It is a giant, lovely place with lots of halls, corridors and the real movie sets. At the Entrance, you can see the flying car from the ceiling and you can see Harry’s room under the stairs! I bought Hermione’s wand but mum says that the only magic it did was make ’25 pounds disappear’ 🙂 There is also a Harry Potter Walk in London I highly recommend for any Harry Potter fan.
- That there are 2 titles for this book: one book is called Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone and one is called Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. Well, Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone is JK Rowling’s true writing, with hardly any edits; but Sorcerers Stone has been edited by someone a lot so they changed the title to mark the difference
I WOULD RATE THIS BOOK 10 OUT OF 10!
FIND OUT WHAT I MEAN BY READING HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE!
YOU CAN BUY IT HERE ON AMAZON FOR $6.74!
YOU CAN BUY IT HERE ON GUARDIAN BOOKSHOP FOR £20.50!