This book is called, ‘JUNGLE BOOK’ written by Rudyard Kipling. It is about a human boy named Mowgli whose Father was killed by a tiger. Since then, Mowgli lives with a pack of wolves who treat him like family. One day, Mowgli makes friends with the mischievous monkeys who are up to no good. The monkeys kidnap him and take him to their area, trying to make him their king. Baloo, Mowgli’s bear friend, and his Panther friend, Bagheera, save him and he get’s taken home. But suddenly, when Shere Khan (the lion who killed Mowgli’s father) threatens to kill Mowgli, Bagheera tells him that he has to go back to the human village where he is safest. Mowgli argues but Bagheera takes no heed. That night, Mowgli creeps back into the Wolf Territory with ‘The Red Flower’ or in other words, fire. He wants to use this to fight Shere Khan. Shere Khan laughs it off but then when Mowgli fights like a man with lots of fire, Shere Khan gets defeated. Mowgli is now a proper man.
What I like about the book:
- This lovely book is a very popular book all over the world. I have seen the cartoon movie an innumerable number of times and the book was definitely as good. I would recommend this book to people of all ages as it’s funny and adventurous. It’s also a little bit sad.
- At first, I thought Mowgli was a girl because of his long hair. But when I was reading the book, I finally realised that he was a boy.
- I learnt two lessons in the book. The first one is to know that out there, somebody loves you very deeply and somehow, you will fit in. The second one is to stand up for what you believe in. This is best portrayed in Mowgli, who fights for the wolves, and who fights for himself.
- Rudyard Kipling was sent away to England with his sister, Alice, to attend boarding school. The author was not living with his family and was sent away to live with other people whom he didn’t get along with very well. Doesn’t this connect a little bit to The Jungle Book? He might have gotten a bit of inspiration when he experienced this.
- At the end of the book, there were some tips and prompts for writing your own animal story. One was: How would you feel if you were raised by animals? I found this very interesting and might even write a story on it. Would you?
I WOULD RATE THIS BOOK A 9 OUT OF 10 RATING!
FIND OUT WHAT I MEAN BY READING JUNGLE BOOK!
YOU CAN BUY IT HERE ON AMAZON FOR $4.12!
YOU CAN BUY IT HERE ON GUARDIAN BOOKSHOP FOR £4.09!