This book is called, ‘PERCY JACKSON AND THE TITAN’S CURSE’, written by Rick Riordan. It is about a boy named Percy who has dyslexia. He is a half-blood which means he is part God and part human. This puts Percy in many dangers. (Percy has appeared in another book report with his friends, Grover, and Annabeth). He and his half-blood friends find two new half-bloods. They try to keep them safe. However, in the process, one of Percy’s friends, Annabeth and The Goddess of Hunting Artemis, get kidnapped while escaping. Zoe Nightshade, the best Hunter of Artemis, takes a few heroes for her quest and they embark on a perilous journey to restore order in Camp Half-Blood. Percy and his team save Annabeth and Artemis and defeat the monster, Atlas.
What I like about the book:
- This book is the third in the Percy Jackson series. It has been one of the most intense Percy Jackson reads so far. Rick Riordan’s style is mysterious and action-packed. It opens up a new door in my mind to take on action-packed stories.
- I like how Rick Riordan joins everything and every little detail and concept up so well. It’s like rope hanging and joining from one end to the other! He leaves the rope hanging for us to solve the mystery and joins it up in an amazing way. I really like this about his books! For example,
- One lesson that I learnt in the book was not to trust blindly because you may not see the danger coming otherwise. This is best portrayed in Atlas and Zoe because Zoe is Atlas’s daughter and then he kills her! At least I know my parents would never do that 🙂
- Finally… FUN time! Read the book and answer the questions:
- Zoe, after she dies, turns into…?
- Annabeth and Luke are best friends and love each other. True or False?
- Thalia is 7 years old. True or False?
- What is the name of the manticore?
- Who is Bianca Di Angelo?